Knowledge Base

If I pass the Series 65 examination, can I start acting as an investment advisor?

Search Knowledge Base by Keyword

< Back

No. The Series 65 is a prerequisite for an individual that desires to register as an investment advisor representative. After you successfully pass the Series 65 test, you will then register as an investment advisor representative with the applicable state securities regulators. You will need to contact your registered investment advisor firm and ask the firm to submit your completed Form U4 through the WebCRD system. Please note there will be an additional fee charged by the state securities regulator and must be paid prior to filing the Form U4, and certain states will require your fingerprints (if you haven’t previously submitted to CRD system).

Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by RIA Compliance Consultants, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this Sample Form, slides, webinar, either text, image, or audio may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.