Knowledge Base

Are there fees for filing as an investment advisor with a state securities regulator?

Search Knowledge Base by Keyword

< Back

Each state securities regulator has filing fees for investment advisor registration, which are collected at the time that the initial registration application is made. The fees vary by state securities regulator. An investment advisor which is dually registered with state securities regulators and the SEC will pay multiple fees (state investment advisor registrations and notice filings) in approximately early November when it is time for 2012 renewals. The IARD system fees for state registered investment advisors and investment adviser representatives have been waived for 2011. It is not yet know if state registered investment advisors and investment adviser representatives will be charged with 2012 renewals.

Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by RIA Compliance Consultants, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this Sample Form, slides, webinar, either text, image, or audio may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.