Knowledge Base

If a state securities regulator requires an individual to be registered as an investment adviser representative in order to solicit investment advisory clients in a third-party capacity, does the solicitor have to be an investment adviser representative under the investment advisor firm receiving such referrals?

Search Knowledge Base by Keyword

< Back

No, the referring solicitor required to be registered as investment adviser representative does not usually have to be registered under the investment adviser firm receiving the referrals.

Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by RIA Compliance Consultants, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this Sample Form, slides, webinar, either text, image, or audio may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.